Monday, February 11, 2008

OHANA....



During my adolescence years, I came upon this very meaningful Disney movie called “Lilo and Stitch.” It was once my favorite movie of the year—embarrassed to admit … I was at the age of 14 and yet I still find cartoons irresistible! There is something about them that draws my attention…their “innocent and uncontaminated ideology” I guess… but anyway…back to the topic.

In that particular movie, Lilo (an adorable character in the movie), mentioned that, “ohana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.” A very meaningful sentence indeed, I thought…

Being born into a family is not something anyone could choose, but I am definitely glad to be a member of the my family. I have got the world most wonderful parents, reliable siblings that I can always count on when I have difficulties and not to mention, a huge group of relatives that makes my life filled with joys and wonders!

I feel that everyone should appreciate the kind of bonding they had with their family members. Cherishing the “inseparable bonds” that was created the moment we step into this world. My new year is always crowded and blissful, everybody will be there, and it is always an event that no one will omit. I treasured every minute that I’ve spent with them. Our gossips, exchanging greetings, having fun with the children, eating delicious meal together that was specially prepared by aunt and last but not least, our annual card games that we will never miss out on :) It is this kind of strong unbreakable bonds we had deep within us that create a smile on our face whenever we meet each other …I guess that’s the power of family. It is certainly true that family could never be forgotten. It is in our blood and most importantly, it is in our HEART that we will always stay united as 'one.'

Having a family is like having someone that u can be concerned about.... enable a person to give his/her unconditional love and never ending faith....

No comments: